My easy, delicious recipe for a quick Rotisserie Chicken Salad you can make any time!
There are times as a busy mom that I need to throw a quick meal together before rushing out of the house for one reason or another. I have one go-to recipe that makes this possible. Keep reading to find out how I make my easy Rotisserie Chicken Salad that everyone loves!Jump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you purchase from Amazon using one of my links. You can read my full disclosure here.
The Good Thing About This Rotisserie Chicken Salad
I say this is a busy night meal, but really it can be an “any time” meal. Whether it’s a quick dinner before one of the kids’ band concerts or finger sandwiches for a girls’ lunch, this recipe always satisfies.
I love how versatile Chicken Salad can be. My family loves eating it on delicious, fluffy white bread. Because I am following a gluten-free diet and my husband is eating low carb, we enjoy this Chicken Salad on top of mixed greens, or in a lettuce wrap.
There are so many ways you can eat it, and that makes this one of my favorite recipes ever.
How I Came Up With This Recipe
I have always been a huge fan of Walmart’s Rotisserie Chicken. As a busy mom, it’s one of the easiest things to grab on your way home to throw a quick dinner together.
Not only that, but it’s so delicious that I may be guilty of popping that thing open and chowing down on some chicken legs on my drive home from the grocery store. Don’t judge me.
When I lived in Texas, I used to shop at a grocery store called HEB, and they sold a Rotisserie Chicken Salad that I quickly became addicted to. Since I moved to Alabama, I don’t have an HEB anymore, so I had to try to recreate the recipe.
My Own Touch
When I was a teenager, one of my best friends, Karen, made some tuna salad for lunch one day. I specifically remember that day because she put apples and onions in her tuna salad. I had never heard of doing that, but I loved it! So, when I was making this Rotisserie Chicken Salad, I decided to steal that idea from her!
And it turned out to be delicious! The apples provide a slight sweetness that compliments the chicken perfectly. And the onion doesn’t overpower the flavor but gives it just a bit of crunch that I like.
How to Make My Easy 4 Ingredient Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Follow these easy steps to make my easy Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe:
- Grab a Rotisserie Chicken from Walmart, (or whichever grocery store you shop at. I’m pretty sure it’s such a common staple that most stores sell it now.)
- Debone the chicken by pulling all of the meat off of the bones. (You can discard the skin if you’re weird, but I love it so much that I eat is as I go. Ok, maybe I’m the weird one.)
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and put into a medium to large bowl.
- Dice one small apple (make the pieces as small or large as you like. I personally like them a little chunkier. I like to leave the skin on the apple.)
- Dice 1/4 of a small onion (again, as small or large as you like. I dice my onions smaller than my apples.)
- Add apples and onions to the bowl of chicken.
- Add about 3/4 to One cup of mayonnaise (depending on how creamy you like it. All of my recipes are easily adjustable according to your tastes).
- Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two so the flavors meld together and the salad gets nice and cold.
- Enjoy on sandwiches, salads or all by itself!
Tip: I used a gift card that I got for Christmas to buy myself this amazing (and beautiful) Knife set from Amazon, and I highly recommend it if you’re in the market for a new set! It’s the perfect set for chopping and dicing like I have to in this recipe!
For a quick dinner idea or an impressive brunch selection, this Rotisserie Chicken Salad is the perfect recipe!
- 1 Ready to eat Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Small Apple
- 1/4-1/2 Small Onion
- 3/4 to 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to tase
Grab a Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store (Any flavor rotisserie works for this recipe!)
Debone and chop chicken meat
Put chicken in medium to large mixing bowl
Dice apple to desired size
Dice onion to desired size
Add apple and onion to bowl with chicken
Add Mayonnaise to bowl with chicken, apple and onion
Mix all ingredients together until combined thoroughly
Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving
Serve and Enjoy!
All amounts can be adjusted to suit your tastes.
And there you have it! My easy 4 ingredient Rotisserie Chicken Salad! Let me know how you like it below in the comments!
Please share this post all over social media so everyone you know can have this super easy recipe!